Our Goals: to provide scientific guidance on threats and opportunities for natural and cultural values of Europe’s landscapes; define criteria for assisted restoration of ecosystems of former (abandoned) agricultural areas; generate future scenarios for cultural landscape change, with integrated landscape, cultural heritage and biodiversity models, to inform current planning initiatives, e.g. for the transition to a low-carbon society.
11. What is the socio-economic value of landscape management?
12. Investigating the potential of natural restoration and rewilding in the European landscape.
13. Defining a framework for Rewilding European landscapes in the Anthropocene.
14. Managing trade-offs in agricultural landscape transitions: protecting cultural heritage versus rewilding.
15. A long-term view of nature and culture in decision making.
53 total views, 1 views today